finally got new shoes. new runners to be exact. it's all thanks to heather who put them on her credit card and is allowing me to pay back in installments. my new shoes are like night and day compared to my old beat up, abused, has beens. those shoes were purchased 3 or 4 years ago! after wearing my new shoes in the store and down the block i despised my old shoes. i handed them to the sales girl and said "can you throw these away?" she looked startled and confused but took the shoes and mumbled something subservient. she was actually heather's sales girl. mine was already preparing for the running clinic that was about to start. she's the one who suggested a man's shoe to me. because they're wider. she told me about the nerve at the bottom of your foot that gets pinched and causes pain behind your toes and sometimes a numb/sleeping foot. "yes! that's happened to me!" i almost shouted. she also gave me a shoe that was bigger than my size. later i read about that practice in my new running book. i called them boats but they are so roomy and bouncysoftsquishy! my feet were in heaven. she also suggested that we put our shoes on hold and walk down to shopper's and buy some vector cereal because of the 20% off coupon on the box. that's exactly what we did. on the way i took my opportunity to voice to heather the desire that had been growing in my heart the moment i put on my new shoe. "heather, wanna start running again??" i asked it in a big excited rush and i'm sure my eyes had that slightly manic look. they tend to do that. heather was still trying to decide between two pairs of shoes and just before we left to get the coupon cereal, she threw in a third pair too. so she factored that in to her decision making process. "if we're going to be running...." she mused to herself. we bought the vector boxes with giddy hearts. when we got back the running clinic was in full swing. my girl was teaching it. we whispered to heather's girl as she rung us in and tried to glean any helpful information from the clinic. because of my $5 cereal i saved 36 dollars! i just read that if i had an ipod nano and if i bought the sports kit to go with it, my shoes, have a sensor in them and they would report to the nano my distance speed calories etc. some possibility of coolness, however it's a low possibility because although i've always wanted an ipod, it's not going to happen.

after buying our shoes, heather came over and we had a bowl of cereal and watched dream girls. we munched on snow peas too. i didn't know dream girls was a musical. had no idea. it was pretty good. that one song of jennifer hudson's was so powerful and emotional. and it went on forever. i was like woah. :)

yesterday i read my running book and watched canadian idol. i also made myself yam fries and glazed salmon. it would of been an all orange meal if not for the last of the snow peas. elicia went to the naturpath and is now on a anti-yeast diet. this translates into a lot of uneatables traveling in my direction and i have to admit that i welcome them with open mouth and arms. i think i'll go welcome an orange right now.

Comments