punch drunk

i was the recipient of a powerful kiss today. sadly, it was less than ideal. i was kissed by an angry man who smelled like a pungent combination of garlic and home made hooch. he yelled that he forgave me and he reached across the counter and grabbed my head and kissed me hard right under my eye. then he stormed off.

yesterday jordan called me at work to tell me he was in town. "oh lots of notice." i comment. "you need notice?" he asked, doubting. "well it would be nice to know a day ahead of time or something." i reply. he phoned me again right after i got home. he was waiting in his car. i could see his car sitting there but could not detect any movement. i told him to hurry up and then the line went dead. when he called again i picked up the phone and said "i'm not talking to you." and hung up. i expected that he would buzz me right away but nothing. what could he be doing i wondered mildy while playing mahjongg. after buzzing someone else who wasn't in fact us at all, he finally figured out which one we were and i let him in. good thing i decided to let him in, because he had presents for us. free stuff. i love free stuff! "having you over has finally paid off!" i told him.

i watched hero. i think i like it, but there was this disturbing gory seen that i didn't really like. so i may not watch it. save the cheerleader, save the world.

then i went to pick up mom and dad from the airport. as i circled around i wished that i had told them exactly where to wait for me and i hoped they would come outside so i wouldn't have to park. but on the second time around i saw them paused on the crosswalk both looking down at their cell phones. i honked and waved and they started towards me so i pulled over a bit so the car behind me could pass. it wasn't really one of those spots you could stop at. when i looked over to see where they were, they had stopped again, again each looking down to their respective cell phones. i got out of the car and waved "hey! come on! i'm not allowed to park here!" they saw me and squinted. then dad started. "it IS her!" he told me that mom said "that's not laura. we didn't buy her that kind of car." "it looked white" mom explained. (my car does seem to change colour depending on the lighting it's in, so i understood the confusion). so i piled their luggage in the trunk and mom climbed in the back and then dad got in. well what a fuss. the seat was too far forward and he couldn't find the lever to move it back because he would bump his head and so on and crankity crank crank. so i pull over in canadian arrivals but he won't try to find it, so i reach under, grab it and pull it and back he slides. so i pull into traffic again. well now dad is having trouble with his seat belt and having a good ol' crank about that. the buckle was behind the guide thing that the seatbelt goes through and he couldn't reach it proberly and crankity crank. mom giggles from the back seat. "you're going to be a cranky ornary old man aren't you?" i comment. mom says next time they buy me a car they'll have to check out the passenger seat. my parents are aging, i thought to myself.

it was nice having mom and dad and jordo all at once. we sat and talked and archie went crazy over mom and dad's feet. oddball catster. he sniffed and sniffed and sniffed and then he lay on his back and pawed at dad's heels. they also loved their luggage. mom and dad slept in my room, i slept in elicia's and jord slept on the couch. elicia's sleeping at heather's all week to keep rothko company. so my duvet was too hot for ma and pop beet last time, so i took that with me into elicia's room and i took my old duvet off of elicia's bed and gave it to jordan and took elicia's blanket out of the closet for mom, and dad got my white blanket with the holes in it. archie and izzy just wanted to be with mom and dad the whole time. mom kicked archie out and izzy streaked in, she got izzy out and archie hid under the bed. sometime during the night izzy got in for good and slept at dad's feet.

this morning at six forty five i heard the "new bride" yell "i love you!" out the window. she does this almost every day. it felt like she was yelling it right beside my head. i had fifteen more minutes of sleep too. one day when elicia is here too, i'm going to yell "i love you too!" back. hmph. newly weds. they don't know that they aren't the only two people in the world.

on sunday i made my first ever roast chicken with stuffing in the bum and potatoes and carrots around and mashed sweet potato and gravy too. it turned out pretty darn good although something weird happened to the gravy. it tasted good but looked off. like the wrong consistancy. like it wasn't melding if you know what i mean. it was fun to make roast chicken and eat it with elicia, but it made a LOT of dishes.

i've only run once since heather left and i feel like this makes me a really really bad person.

dad called me at work today when they were coming to drop off my keys. he thought the girl who answered was me and said "is there a goofy, yadda yadda girl there named laura?" and it wasn't me, it was roberta and she got mad and hung up the phone. then dad called back and said he was my father and wanted to talk to me and roberta said she thought it was an obsene phone call. haha. basically.

Comments