it's raining and i walked in it. elicia took her computer to work. she has stuff to work on for school. and i'm home because i work the social tonight. and i wanted to write in my blog. so, i got dressed, put my hair in a braid, brushed my teeth, zipped up my hoodie, tucked my head into my hood and walked out into the rain. how delightful to walk out in the rain again. the fresh smell, the slick slate roads, the flooding sidewalks and the bright glistening leaves, all the brighter because of the grey everywhere. anyways, i walked up to the library and here i am. it reminds me of ubc days, both the walking in the rain and sitting at public computers. there's a guy here doing story/singing time with neighbourhood kids. while he sings "you gotta sing when the spirit says sing" he strums along on that instrument that is half strings, half keys (anyone know what that is?). if i don't look at him, his voice reminds me of greg kinnear. maybe it's his uncle.

last night i made stew. i wasn't going to. elicia's mom advised me to, one day when she called for elicia and i humoured her, but i didn't do it because that was grey tuesday and the next day was black wednesday. i didn't feel like making stew. i make it all the time at work. but i had these two pieces of beef--the tough kind. and i looked around my kitchen and all i saw was stew ingredients. so i put on some classical music and just started non-committedly making the stew. doing the steps of stew without actually admitting i was making stew. and it was so nice working in the kitchen with the soothing beautiful music floating around me, kittens underfoot and storms outside. and i didn't mind anything. i wasn't in a hurry. i just made stew. step by step and that's all i thought about. the process was soothing and lisa m might say it was my meditation. in the end i had a good stew. and i could share it with my friends who soon showed up to watch survivor. randy said he could smell it coming up the stairs. i cooked it the mom way and it was good. mom taught me how to make stew on my mission. she told me in a letter. i love mom's stews.

jordan hooked up our vcr last week. apparently we had the cord the whole time. so i was excited to tape the office and watch it between survivor and er. but it was not to be. my vcr, for some odd and annoying reason does not have channel 16. i knew that there were some channels that it doesn't have, but why did it have to be channel 16?? grrr. so we were foiled once again.

i'm going to rogers to get a dvd for tonight. tonight is dvd night. i'm nervous about choosing a movie. i'm only too well aware that my tastes are not other's tastes. and can i chose one that they'll like that i can feel comfortable watching? we'll see. i'm making glazed ham and potatoes au gratin. ok. gotta go. that's what the computer tells me anyhow.

Comments