i just wanted to sleep a little longer. just a little longer. but archie and izzy had other ideas. they wouldn't leave me alone. archie weaved in and out around my head stopping to stick his nose right up to my mouth periodically. i don't know why he does that. i imagine that he's checking my breath to see if i'm alive and able to serve his majesty with food, water, treats, and carresses. izzy sat on the mat beside my bed and meowed demandingly. "what is their problem?!" i asked myself. i had already fed them before on a previous attempt at rising. certain beauty prepreations were discarded, sacrificed in the name of fifteen more minutes of sleep. blessed sleep. but i didn't sleep. i did not sleep. i tried to avoid the 'kids' while cuddled in my cozy covers. at seven twenty nine, (one minute early i'll have you know!) and after another insistent nag from izzy, i rolled back the duvet of coziness "fine!". as soon as i get out of bed the two little bothers run ahead of me out the door all excited and perky. on arrival to their bowls, the kittens discover "hey there's still food in here!" and fall to eating forthwith. "dumbdumbs" i mutter to myself, while simultaneously smiling at their confounded cuteness.

Comments