dixie chicks

not a bad day:

1. because i cleaned out some of the canker in my soul by cleaning my home. a good old fashioned cleansing of the inner and outer vessel. i put on music and i got busy. funny how the peace is more tangible the less clutter there is.

2. because karey called right after i had opened the blinds to a rainless morning and we talked and it felt good. it reminded me of what i'm missing and what i have if that makes sense.

3. because i went to the adult session of stake conference and felt again a peaceful spirit and a subtle uplift. i felt quiet and gentle inspirations. i felt renewed in faith.

4. because elicia and i decided last minute to go with barb and nikki to the dixie chicks' movie shut up and sing. we were late and missed the beginning and never saw barb and nikki until we were walking to our car. despite this, i enjoyed the movie a lot. i enjoyed getting to know the chicks and i really like their story. there was a moment near the end that touched me and i shed a tear or two. it was the kind of movie that i didn't want to end. i didn't get my fill, but maybe that's because i came in part way.

anyway it was a good day and at the end of it, it's good to sit at a clear and clean red betty and it will be good to climb into my bed and lay my head down with a good day under my belt for once.

Comments