i'm on vacation

i'm on vacation. i'm on a vacation and the slug is rearing his ugly head. today is hump day of my vacation and the slug has been on the computer all day downloading music and researching my two new friends, mason jennings and amos lee. the down right nasty truth of it all is that i just changed out of my nyammies maybe ten minutes ago. after dressing i tidied the living room. i thought it would make me feel better and maybe it would inspire me to do something else. well it inspired me to play with the kitties for a while and now me and the slug are back. me and sluggie have been kicking it quite a bit. yesterday i spent most of the day burning vinyl cafe cds. i burned five for vicki, who only wanted the funny ones, not the heart warming ones. i burned ten for heather and ten for me. i had it down to a science by then, of how to fit the most on a cd. i had them organized by time and used my calculator to make everything fit just right.

but i haven't been kicking it with slugster all my time. i did my laundry yesterday. i met fats at the mall and helped her with a few purchases. we found some good bags at a store called accesorize. i found a courdoroy over the shoulder one that i really liked. but i couldn't bring myself to spend on it. after a while the girl there asked us if we needed help with the bags. i grinned at her and said "no, we're just having fun." fatima thought she was trying to hint that we move along. we didn't feel disposed to receive such a hint if such a hint was indeed implied to us.

fatima and i ate quiznos at the food court. we both got the tzatziki chicken sub. however my chicken was ice cold and hers wasn't. i tried to ignore the iciness of the chicken, but if the truth were again told, and let's not make this a habit, it actually ruined it for me. yuck. icy chicken is a meanish sort of disappointment when one is hoping for a warm, tasty, plump full of flavour sub.

fatima was looking for a bobble for her bellybutton. i was helping her, under duress i might add, but there was just nothing new or interesting out there.

fatima spent an inordinate amount of time in the disney store.

there was nothing nice at winners. fatima told me that mo told her that the metrotown winners was the worst ever.

i drove fatima to her car. yes, it was only an aisle of cars away but that's not the point. the point is that i drove her there because that is what we do. while we were sitting in my car which hovered behind her car we talked and while we talked a huge black truck came towards us. "hey this dude is coming down the one way." i told her. "nobody listens to the one way." sighed fatima in a way the conveyed her hopeless view of things. well biggieblacktruckbuster needed space to get by me and so i moved forward. "he bowed to me!" i told fatima. she saw it too. "he wants to date both of us." i told her. "he wants to be the fonze." fatima laughed and said i had a big imagination. then biggietruckbuster walked by us on his way the shopping metropolis that is metrotown. "there spots over there." he told us helpfully. i told him that i was just dropping "her" off. "see? i told you he wants to date us!" i told fatima. "he wants to be fonzerelli."

fatima tried to follow me when we left. i phoned and set her straight.

last night i burned all of karey's pics that i want onto cds while karey dozed to a horrifying tv show about people being malled by pet chimps and about the grizzly bear man. it was not pleasant to listen to, let me assure you.

monday was my most active day of vacationing. i shopped at wallmart, bought some hair supplies (one thing i already know is no good. rats! (the term "rats!" is a rub off from elicia)), watched a matinee of twin towers. i cried a lot. it felt personal. then i shopped on commercial, where i found wonderbucks and a diffuser at essence (yes! i've finally overcome my diffuser block!) that just so happened to only cost me 2.07 because between all my stamp cards, i had a full one and so 25 biggies to spend. that felt good. i had a sharwarma sandwich. it was the best in the world. i had a panicked search for a public washroom. i thought i just may not make it. i ended up using the gross staff one of the pet store, and lets just say i was in there for a long time. when i came out i smiled weakly at the guy at a desk across the hall. i kept the door shut and the fan on. it was the best i could do. i mean if you have an emergency you just have to take what you can get. i bought some toys for the kitties and then took off. i had a bbq pork "poutine". i watched new world. it was beautifully shot, poetic, and kind of sad, but not an overwhelming sad. i think that pochohantas (sp?)/ rebecca was the most beautiful, light inside, innocent, pure kind of girl.

i started to read chronicles of narnia again last night.

karey and i are finally watching pirates tonight. but first we submit to the threadings of the ladies at sultan cuts.

Comments