the Lord is my shepherd, no want shall i know...

in sunday school today we were talking about the psalms and to end the class brother bly had us sing a hymn of praise. so we sang how great thou art. there was something in the way we sang and the way i was feeling that brought me back to that day we were gathered around gramma's bed and we sang that hymn to her to say good bye, to send her off, to tell her we loved her. there was a unity or a holiness like that and i was tearing up and i could hear karey crying beside me and i knew she was thinking of gramma too. i miss gram so much.

somebody else asked karey and i if we were sisters today. people in the ward have been asking it a lot. she said we could pull it off. i was thinking about that as i was driving home and how we were both crying and thinking of gram, and how much karey loved her too, and then i was thinking of how living with karey has been like living with family, and that has always made me feel safe. and i think part of my big feeling of loss at her leaving is the loss of that feeling of family that we have together.

heather gave a great lesson on prayer. i love the topic of prayer. i love discussing it, and looking at it from new angles, i love the principles involved in prayer, i love the truth that Heavenly Father is present in our lives and listens to and answers our prayers. i think that is so amazing. it surprises me sometimes how completely and perfectly he answers my prayers even when i'm less than perfect in my faith about the things i ask him. the love and mercy and patience and gentleness and kindness and tenderness that God has for me is all there in the way he answers my prayers. in the relationship i can have with him through prayer.

Comments