when i was driving my fine cadillac one monday morning...

i was at superstore on monday doing our big shopping trip for work. the kind where you need two carts. anyways, i was minding my own business, coming down the aisle... i barely noticed a brown man in front of me. he took something off the shelf and backed out of view. i rolled up and was just about to put the big sunspun box of seran wrap in my cart, when the man came back into my consciousness. "excuse me sister." he said. "sister, if you move the cadillac maybe we both can look." (apparently he had stepped back to get a better view and my cart had rudely blocked it.) he kept calling me sister and going on about things, over and above my surprised attempts at appologizing for interupting his process. i just walked on as he muttered more sister comments. i was amused plus it was so unexpected. i kept smiling about it throughout my shopping experience, but by the time i unloaded my goods at the cashier and bagged them all and loaded them strategically in my trunk and back seat, and carried them all in, i forgot all about it and it didn't come back to me until later in the week when lisa called me sister in passing.

Comments