to put fatima's mind at ease:

i've been putting of getting my oil changed. i don't know why but the whole oil change thing fills me with stress. i was supposed to get it done in february. anyways on may 11th my insurance was due and i got a letter in the mail about it insinuating that i needed to aircare my car too. "oh man!" i thought. "now i have to get my oil changed before i can get aircared and get aircared before i can get my insurance done!" i told fatima and instantly she was worried because she tends to be worried about things i tend to put off, sluff off, etc. she kept pestering me about it and put a count down to my due date on as her msn name. of course i put it off to the very last possible day. wednesday the 10th. i worked the social that night, so i got up and bit the bullet. i looked up online where to get an oil change and lots of people recommended mr. lube, so i decided to go there. i looked up where aircare was and with unexplained trepidation in my heart, i went off to face my destiny. the brothers at mr. lube were nice. i got to stay in my car while they did it and i got a complimentary province newspaper, and water, coffee, or hot chocolate. (of course i got the water) the day before i had bought new windshield wipers (i've needed new ones since i got the car), a new back left ticker light (so i don't have to stick my arm out the window and make my own ticking sounds every time i turn left anymore) and a hedge clipper (this one is unrelated to my story, but it was a purchase i enjoyed) anyways karey and i couldn't change the light and we pulled the whole thing out so the mr. lubes were quite amused by this and offered to change the bulb... but then they said it was the fuse and i should go to canadian tire, so i've continued manually ticking this week. i liked the mr. lubes. it's my new oil change place. i felt so relieved to have my oil changed i drove eagerly to the aircare place and spent a pleasant half an hour in line only to be waved into the garage on my turn by an blue overalled, rotund indian man who told me to turn off the heat (hu? i thought, because it was a hot day) and my radio. i promptly turned off my car. "not your car!" he said trying to be patient. "oops." i appologized all flustered. "please hand me your insurance papers." he said, and i did. "um yes. your car is too new. you don't need aircar." he told me. whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat. i said. i scrambled to find my letter from icbc. "i thought this letter said i had to." i told him. he pointed at the words on the top right hand side that said the equivilent of you do not need aircare. uh.... couldn't argue with that. i felt foolish and sheepish and yet giddy too. "we'll see you in two or three years." he said "and next time read the letter." hahaha. he was serious too, he wasn't making fun of me. good tip. i'll try that next time. so then i had to back out in front of all the cars and drive off. i kept bursting out into giggles periodically as i drove to find a car insurance place. incidentally i drove the longest looooooooooooooooongest route to find the place i wanted but i didn't care. and it was so easy. and i was done. and now fatima, whose msn name is laura i hope you aren't driving illegally, can be at ease.

Comments