marshMELLOW

what a hot hot hot day. the ac at work was broken and it felt like heat was pumping into the kitchen. plus i don't have any summer wear so i was in heavy jeans. we all almost DIED.

measures taken to beat the heat:

1. last night i got in my nyammies, grabbed a pillow, my scrips and my journal and lay in the grass in the back yard as the world darkened around me. it was very soothing to my nuculear heated feet. i saw a huge black beetle climbing through the grass and it wasn't coming my way so i didn't get freaked out about it and felt proud of myself. i love how karey's lavender turned out to be a huge freaking bush and how my lavender is all bushed out underneath and the oregeno and catmint has gone crazy. after it was completely dark and i was going in, i snuck over there and snipped off pieces of everything. i pressed them. i also took time to admire and caress the neighbour's peonie which is full bloom through our fence in that area.

2. slept with all my windows wide open and sans duvet. all i had was my whitey blanket that i use on the worst summer nights. it's not for heat. it's for sleeping with cover. i can't sleep without cover. feels too vulnerable.

3. ate a fudgesicle and a cool chocolate milk at work. i fanned. my feet especially sweltered and i wasn't even wearing socks!

4. as soon as i got home i grabbed a bag of frozen mango chunks from the freezer and lay on the couch talking to karey while popping them in my mouth one after the other. it chilled me on the inside. fo shizzle ma izzle.

i think that we should go swimmin! sarita said she would...

Comments