well the christmas party was pretty good. it was the same hotel as last year. lisa and i made sure we had everything done early so we could sneek away early to get ready. she went first and then i left half an hour later. i let myself in and watched some dr. phil while she finished blow drying. after she was done and after appropriately admiring such things as her new curtains and paint job and newly cleaned out and organized storage closet, she showed me to the bathroom where everything was ready. she had some wine and watched oprah while she waited for me, and i drove us both back to the clubhouse where we met up with dave the boss and some other members. i took the opportunity to sew the missing button on my coat. it had been missing since last january. i kept it safe and secure in my pocket the whole time. yesterday was the day i picked to sew it on. blair helped me thread the needle. he seemed eager to, so i let him. then i de-linted the coat, chatted a bit with everyone and then it was time to go. meanwhile dave and lisa had been drinking. i think it's tradition with them. there's a lot of old drinking buddies at my work. the slide show was pretty good. i take a lot of photos, so i was proud to see lots of my masterpieces up there. then there was a whole section called who's that girl played to barbie girl. it was all about me. i had oked it before so i knew all about it, but i didn't think everyone was going to react to it so much. i've had so many comments. "there sure were a lot of pictures of you on the slide show", "have you always been so photogenic?" hahaha. meanwhile i was drinking water and most others were just plain drinking. it was interesting. lisa said i was a trooper for hanging around for it all. the truth is that i wanted to win a prize. but i didn't. ah well. there's always next year. the steak had gravy on it which i found a little O-D-D, but there was yorkshire pudding with goat cheese and mushrooms inside. yum. i don't think there's enough yorkshires in the world. or goat cheese. there should be more goat cheese and yorkshires, seperately or together. whatever. just more. i didn't leave until the bitter end. dave the boss was sooooooo drunk. earlier he was starting a congo line and grabbed me to go in front of him. fine. that was fine. what was not fine was that he was hanging on to my blouse from behind and so pulling it tight against the rolls. and i was in front. this was not fine. so i twirled out and to the back. when it was over he sat sloppily down across from me at the table. "laura, laura, laura." he slurred. "i'm drunk." i smiled and used my irony implicating voice to say "i know." he chugged back some more of whatever he was drinking and told me he was trying to hide it. haha. he's kind of a funny drunk. i drove lisa home and sue drove dave home. then i somehow got on the knight bridge without trying to and came quickly home, fell into my bed and to sleep.

today was my second to last day in my unit. tomorrow's my last and they are without lisa, who wisely took today and tomorrow off.

christmas is coming soon.

Comments