i've been sickly. last night and this morning were the most horror ball as bitsybottoms would say. the miseries. i had them. now i still feel yuck but the miseries are less intense. still yuck enough not to feel too bad about missing another day of work though. i need recuperation. if i think too much about work and what they're doing i start feeling badly. then i say to myself, "it's ok to take time off when you're sick. you get better sooner and you do not contribute to spreading the disease." i just like my job a lot and i feel responsible as a contributing member of that community. i mean who's going to finish the christmas collage? and how am i supposed to learn my new responsibilities if i'm not even there??

my nose is red and chapped on both sides. i've been putting elicia's vaseline on it, so hopefully that will help prevent the chapped peelies that look like dried boogers on the outside of your nose. once in fort mcmurray when i was in grade 12 and dad was my seminary teacher i had a horrifying case of the chapped peelies. i was shocked and mortified when i discovered them and i hoped against hope that no one would notice, but those kinds of dreams didn't come true for me when i was a teenager. as i was walking either out or into class dad said to me in front of some other people "laura you have some boogies on your nose." or something similarily humiliating. it confirmed my fears that everyone would see it and that they would all think it was dried snot. i venomously told him it was skin. he probably thought "woah. why's she so cranky??" now a days i'm less self-conscious, but i'd still rather not have the crustaceans on the nostrils.

speshul is taking a milion years to give me her list. preshus was prompt. why can't she be more like preshus?? why can't we all be more like preshus? that should be a kid's book.

i'm actually really really really weary but just as i was collapsing into the softness and comfort of my friendly neighbourhood duvet, i started thinking and planning presents and that just got me all fired up and i came down here to see if speshul'd sent me her list but NO. N-O. how am i to complete the graph i started? this will just force me to leave a column incomplete. the exact thing to stagnate me and put ants in my pants. i don't like bugs. and any bug besides a lady bug that is touching me is trespassing and therefore deserves death.

i'm not really sure why i'm still up. a conversation had with preshus concerning egg:

preshus says:
what did she say?
preshus says:
eh?
joyus says:
she pooh poohed me
preshus says:
ewww!!--NO!! DON'T SAY 'POOH-POOHED'!
joyus says:
i had to.
joyus says:
it's what she did
preshus says:
a girl in my class says that all the time and it fills me with yuck
joyus says:
you are too much of a dictator. let's have some free-love-speech
preshus says:
am not!
joyus says:
let's open our hearts to different types of expression. let's not be egg.
preshus says:
she always says 'i puh-pooh YOU'
preshus says:
i'm NOT egg!!!
preshus says:
YOU are!
joyus says:
... wait. you ARE egg. er. my mistake
preshus says:
*extrememly exasperated look* !!!
preshus says:
there's no use, i can see, to convince you that you, actually, are egg
preshus says:
you are still deep in denial
joyus says:
jajaja
joyus says:
that's how tania would spell ha ha ha
preshus says:
haha
joyus says:
nice try. i'm not falling for that one. you were originally egg and you'll always be egg.
joyus says:
don't be sad about it. it's part of you and so we love it because we love you
preshus says:
i was NEVER egg!
preshus says:
i'll never give in
joyus says:
that won't change the truth about you. just intensify your discomfort when faced with your egginess when it pops out
joyus says:
why not embrace the you that is egg?
preshus says:
*sob* no more!
preshus says:
i can't take us
preshus says:
*ut

Comments