i'm back

it's been a while eh? well i've been sooooooooo busy doing things, many of which i cannot write about. every year i say to myself "take it easy this year Laura" and every year i come close to crashing and burning. i should really start christmas prepreations in september or something. august maybe.

i'm at ma and pop's in nanaimo this very minute and i'm a sight. this is due to a number of factors. i'll name some of them, indulge me will ya?
1. i stayed up until 2:30 last night, listening to cbc radio one while working feverishly on present things so that i'd be ready to come here today. i was sitting on the floor in my room in one position for so long and when i had to get up to get something from the kitchen it felt like i had crippled knees. this is my body telling me that i am aging.
2. i got up at 7am to the sound of a crashCRASH in the kitchen. heather had dropped her mug and her mug in turn knocked a glass bowl off of the perpetually full of dishes kitchen counter. i had set my alarm for 8, but as i looked blearily at the alarm clock i figured this was an opportunity for me to actually make the 10:30 ferry that karey was going to be on as well. so i got up and pulled on some pjs, packed up the toitles in their gift boxes and wax paper (they're really gooey this year because karey's caramel didn't harden on either batch. she felt discouraged about it, but they still taste good. made for unfriendly dippers though. ah well...) took my scriptures into karey's room and finished off mom and dad's presents while reading my six pages. i read about the destruction of the jaredites. after jesus' visit, there is a lot of deterioration and destruction to read about. it's sad. i started moroni too. i was reading out loud and felt a holiness when i read out the sacrament prayers.
3. after all this i realize that time was bearing down on me. this is when frenzy mode kicked in on me. i finished packing, i tugged EVERYTHING out to the car and this is when i looked down at the pjs i was wearing and realized that i had packed all my jeans and that i didn't have time to change anyways. so i just put my coat on over top and put my hair up into a bun (a very very frizzy bun seeing that it's been too many days to admit that my hair's expereinced any conditioning). i made it to the ferry just in time. karey enjoyed my 'look' quite a bit and took a picture of me. we had a nice time just visiting on the ferry. half way there the captain told us there were dolphin on the right hand side, so we went outside to get a good look and there they were. a bunch of dolphins saying merry christmas to us. that's how i feel about it anyways. they jumped along side of us for quite a while. i like dolphins.
4. not only is my hair frizzy, and am i in my nyammies, but there's not a shred of make-up and my face has that yucky i've-expereinced-very-little-sleep look that i remember back in the days when i stayed up all night writing a paper and then went to school after. puffy eyes, dull grayish skin, and a general lacklustre-ness.

but i'm here, and i'm done my shopping and all i have to do is wrap and few tying ups if you will, which is enough. and the house is quiet and clean and christmassy. mom and i ate faux potatoes au gratin together and now she's a bed with a book and back spasms. the world's my oyster

Comments