mondays. mondays are often my top of the world days and today was following the pattern. i got up early, went for my run. wowie-zowie was it cold out! the first thing i noticed was the thick sheets of ice on mine and karey's windshields. "oh great." i thought. "i'll be scraping that with my save-on card later on" i groaned to myself. i was jumpy this morning. i kept thinking i heard someone behind me and then i'd whirl around and there'd be no one. i finally realized that i was hearing my keys jingle. i ran past the park as the day dawn was breaking, and thus the day dawn is breaking became the chorus in my head. it was a good run. i felt comfortable.

i rode the running/1st-day-after-the-sabbath high all day. i liked my hair (it gets soft and curly-wavy from the moisture when i run. i just put it up in the shower to preserve the state of the curls) and my skin was flushed. i was feeling confident, happy, strong, industrious.

after lunch lisa had a manager's meeting. when she came back she took me aside and told me that me and dave d. were trading places for a month. it's supposed to be that i'm going to bring 'energy' to that unit. once the month is up, then there will be an evaluation. what does that mean?? it means there's a possibilty of permanance. it was quite the bomb to lay on me. i'm not too happy about the change, but since i don't have a choice, i'll have to make the most of it.

Comments