i've got sports injuries. shore do, sistah. last night for a fhe our branch played broom ball. if one has not heard of broomball, then one might not know of the delights it provides.
broomball delight #1: on arrival at the ice rink, one goes down to a locker room and the broomball girl gives one a pair of high topped shoes with a squishy bottom. these shoes were basically what it was all about. because of the bb-shoes, one is empowered to walk and run on ice without slipping. since i'm a girl who is skating impaired, bb-shoes make me happy. bb-shoes are responsible for my sports injuries as well. you see they rubbed my ankles and burnt the skin right off of them. broomball war wounds.
broomball delight#2: broomball girl also handed us each a stick that is not like a hockey stick but more like a broom (thus the name doy doy). you use the stick to hit the ball which is orange and quite large (compared to a puck).
broomball delight #3: otherwise it's just like hockey. we were on the jersey team and i body checked marcus. i didn't mean to. i was playing defence (my natural position) and i was checking him and he ran right into me, but that's where he stopped in a big thud. he's shorter than me but very very solid and has a stocky width. his shoulder thudded into my sternum but i held my ground and knocked the ball out. he asked "are you ok?". i was like of course with an indifferent sneer. it was great. tough times. i love tough times. like time to be tough. we had to wear helmuts but they didn't have enough, so we had to trade off with the people coming off of the ice. mike (oppie cunningham) made me laugh because he was really sqeemish with the helmuts. his had mold in the foam lining and he said he was going to get leprosy with a really grossed out look on his face. i told him not to be such a baby secure in the non mold of my own helmut. elicia played defence with me. before we went on the ice she told me that she was going to play with her whole heart. then we laughed. we had a really good time and i went to bed nice and tired. when i woke up i could feel the pleasant ache of my muscles. speaking of when i woke up, it was early and it was dark and i got dressed, brushed my teeth and went for a walk-run. i wish i had a partner just so i would feel more secure in the dark, but otherwise it was nice. nice to be up and doing what i want to be doing. i love exercise done in the morning. it makes me feel strong and confident during the day. like i have a private knowledge of my own power. (well it aint so private no more).
yesterday i made veggies for me and elicai and today she made some. we take turns. it's our new plan. i like it. i made a greek salad and made my own dressing, remon, which was more mustardy than remony but i guess it was both and i liked it. today she's made some sort of spinach concotion. yessiree.
my fingees are cold.

Comments