i started writing yesterday but linda started talking to me and then i went upstairs and never came back down, and it was lost forever. c'est la vie eh?

it's my late work day of october. we're going to a corn maze. that is, we're going if it doesn't rain. otherwise i don't know what we'll do. the whole day will be RUINED!

i've had a lovely morning of scripture study. i love it when i don't have any time restraints and i can just study as deliciouisly as i want to. So now i will share a few of my favourite passages of today. eh-eh-hem

1. 1Nephi 17:50 "And I said unto them: If God had commanded me to do all things I could do them. If he should command me that I should say unto this water, be thou earth, it should be earth; and if I should say it, it would be done."

i've been thinking lately of how it takes faith to be obedient and when i read this scripture this morning, i saw the connection between faith unto obedience and faith unto miracles. it's kind of the same thing. it's through obedience that miracles come. i mean if you are use your faith in every day plodding along obedience you become strong in faith and miracles can happen even just as a result of obedience. am i making sense?

2. 1Nephi 18:3 "And I, Nephi, did go into the mount oft, and I did pray oft unto the Lord; wherefore the Lord showed unto me great things."

i love this scripture. i love it because it shows devotion and relationship with Heavenly Father and whether the mount is the temple or your private sacred place the reward is the connection with the Lord and answers when you cry unto him and the many great things he will show you. that's what i love.

3. 1Nephi 20: 10 and 18 "For, behold, I have refined thee, I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction."
"O that thou hadst hearkened to my commandents--then had thy peace been as a river, and thy righteousness as the waves of the sea."

well i have lots more to say but i have to go get ready for my day.

Comments