The Woman in Me

yesterday afternoon i was committed to start my running program again. i usually come home, read the blogs, and fall asleep for half an hour to an hour (or until heather comes home). but yesterday i came home and changed into my running gear (it was a relief to take off that tortuous bra and into the sports bra, let me tell you. i remembered very clearly why i do not wear that bra any longer. OUCH). i looked around for my red watch with the timer on it, and just could not find it. typical, i thought. the day i want to get off my duff and get going with my life, i can't find the stoopid watch. i looked up down and all around and back again. my time was limited because i had to pick up vicTOR's sweater for him at yolanda's and then pick up vicTOR and tania to take them to the airport. i said a prayer about it. karey came home and gave me some suggestions of where to look, but they proved fruitless if the fruit in question is a red watch type fruit. finally she asked me if i looked in my car. i had fifteen minutes until the cut off time. i didn't think it was out there, but i went to look anyways. i couldn't find it, but i decided that since i was out there i'd clean out all the garbage. (karey had mentioned how 'dirty' my car was a couple of days ago and i was stung by the comment). since i wasn't going to be able to run, and giving up on the running was bugging me tremendously, like comeON!, i took my time. i was just about to leave, when i saw a red strap sticking out from the back seat cushion. the tree bore fruit after all. it was five minutes after my cut off, but i went anyways. motto of the story: Heavenly Father wanted me to clean my car.

it was so nice to be out and about yesterday afternoon. i love the fall. i'm full to overflowing with love for autumn. i went east and i ended up at the graveyard. i wanted to run through it, but i didn't know if that was considered disrespectful. i mean maybe you're only supposed to walk in graveyards, kind of like NO RUNNING IN CHURCH type of thing. so i didn't go through it, didn't go over it, didn't go under it, went around it. i ended up going a bit too far, so that i was a little late getting home. i only had time to go in, get my purse and go back out to the car and off on my do gooder errands. well, i also took off my shoes and socks because my feet were so hot.

i felt awkward when yolanda gave me the sweater and we walked a bit in the same direction until i got to my car. i don't know why i feel so awkward around her. i don't know her very well, but i don't need to feel awkward. it's a case of looking inward. if i looked outward and tried to think about making others feel comfortable, i wouldn't feel awkward abotu myself at all. that's one of the things i like about my work. i can be a complete idiot and not really care, because i'm always trying to help other people feel a part and get involved. i'm focused on giving out sunshine and welcome vibes, so i don't worry as much about how i'm being judged and because of that people find it easy to love me. funny how that works. that proccess always amazes me.

anyways i got the sweater and sped over to pick up the two spanish near relatives by blood. i've been listening to handel's messiah in my car and quite enjoying it. vicTOR asked me to put in his cd. "it's classical!" he said hoping to convince me. "nope. no way." i said. "i can't lose my spot on this cd." tania thought this was amusing. so when we neared the airport i thought it prudent to aske tania if she was going in with vicTOR and if so how long she was going to be. she said she was and she would pay for my parking. she wanted to change some money that she had to send home with vicTOR. i asked how long she would be and she said one hour. "what." i said. "i have no shoes on. i'm wearing bear feet." "just come in like that." "no way!" "laura!" "no!" and so in the end she said she would take the bus if i gave her a dollar and so i did.

i got the two cheeseburger meal with an orange juice because it's been a long time since i've had any food at my house. randy and scott were over for a 72 hour kit family home evening inspired by the katrina aftermath. everybody who had kits started (karey, sarita and heather) went through their packs and showed us their stuff and we talked about ideas and then they left to buy more stuff at canadian tire. i didn't have money so i didn't go.

selina came over and we watched phantom again. she said she liked it better the second time for the same reason she could stand jar jar binks more the second time. she knew what to expect. i still liked it. by the time she left it was late and i went to bed.

today is the first day of institute and i have a dilema. it's book of mormon which is good because that's the class i need to graduate, so i need to take this class. the thing is, i don't like bro. murley. i mean i like him. i just don't jive well with his teaching style. i find it condecending and geared towards teenager types. so i was excited when i found out that sister edgeson is teaching this year. and theeen i found out that her and bro. murley are splitting us up by age and he gets the older students. 24-30. ugh. karey and others i know are just going to go to sis e's class anyways, and that's what i'd like to do, but i think that it might be hurtful to bro. m. if everyone does that. so maybe i should just suck it up and go to his class and bear with the unpleasant turn me off type of teaching. sigh.

we have a new menu at work and part of that is greek pasta salad. it was my idea for a side dish and i made it today and it was goood. i hope it lasts well. ya know? because i made a lot of it.

i read bethany's blog today all about her personal battles and growth and i felt really proud of her and i felt really grateful to have the sisters i do. i love them all so much and i'm glad that this way of staying in touch with each others lives has evolved into what it is. what it is sistahs. :)

Comments