twiddle twiddle

ho hum.

yesterday i went to murley's institute class and it was pretty good. i liked the commentries of my peers and barb and me sat together like in our ubc days. she even treated me to a piece of dark chocolate caramilk. she's a good friend, that barb. i stayed after and suggested to bro. murley that we have a room with tables and he seemed open to it. he kept thanking me for the suggestion and saying that it was a good one.

i'm running out of creative ways to make meals without first buying some essential ingredients. last night when i had made the rounds of the cupboards, freezer and fridge for about the fourth time, i had an idea. pancakes. i remembered mom's pancakes for supper when we were poor days. well i'm poor, i said to myself. and two pancakes are enought to make you full, so that's what i had, but i had to steal two eggs from karey to do it, and use powdered milk, but that just made it more mom-like, dontcha think?

today we made lasagne and we were behind and had tons to do, less people to help, had to make meatballs for tomorrow, before the grease trap person came and before mireya showed up with her baby, and i had to decorate for her arrival as well. to top it all off i got calls from two of my people, and mark was being persistantly creepy and annoying.

after work i went to value villiage to look for hockey jerseys to wear to our hockey night in canada themed dance on friday. i found these nhl shoulder pads and tried to put a jersey on over it, and got hopelessly hilariously tangled up. and there wasn't even anyone to share the absurd situation with me.

i came home and slipped into an exhausted slumber on the downstairs couch. rothco juoined me unexpectedly and curled up on my legs. we had a cozy time together until karey called and asked me to bring her some paint at the church. so i did and i painted a toronto maple leafs sign for the dance. and that's the end of my hohum day in a ho hum week.

Comments