stories of my life as told by my toenails:

they spoke up when i stepped out of the shower and started toweling off my legs. we were face to face so to speak, and i thought "i need to clip those babies." i looked at their unusually rough and jagged edges and then the story unfolded. how we were camping at the homestead and how my toenails were too long and how they bugged me every day. everyone i turned to had no clippers to offer. then i just so happened to see bethany's pair. i asked her eagerly if i could borrow them. she shrugged nonchalantly and said i could if i wanted to, but that basically they were crappy, ie. ineffectual. i jumped at the chance and clipped away. they were jagged, but i didn't care because they were short and that was the point and relief flooded me.

story number two followed closely on the heals of story number one. shortly after accessing the need for clipping, i noticed the remains of some chipped polish on the top half of my two big toes. it brought me back to july 1st, the day fatima came over and we had foot spas and painted our toenails and watched the indian movie and went out to las margaritas and then watched war of the worlds and then her car got egged and we washed it off and she went home.

toenails appear to be time totems. what story do yours tell you?

today i was determined to come home and be productive. so i started in the kitchen. i mixed up some bun dough in the bread maker, and while that was mixing i started making stew. (remember when amay was stymied by styew? i do.) so i spent several hours making stew, shaping and baking buns, cleaning up after myself, and then at 7:15 i sat down with some fresh buns and some stew and me and karey and elicia watched the 1st 2 gilmore girls episodes that barb conveniently taped.

i watched prison break again. i don't know why i do. it's so traumatizing. i just want the good guys to succeed. my heart was beating so fast and i was ready with my finger hovering over the channel changer, in case something really bad really did happen to the young guard.

i got a vicious tin foil cut on the tip of my ring finger today as i was foiling the pan to bake the bacon for the blt's on. lisa came over mid foiling task to tell me a bit of gossip, i turned my head towards her and at that moment the foil attacked. so basically what i'm trying to say is that it's tender to type with and i'm going to bed.

Comments