i have no house keys

new book i'm reading: the good earth by pearl buck. i like it so far, although just before i forced myself to stop reading last night, wung lang was losing his way and i don't like the way it's turning out. idleness, mean to faithful o-lan, visiting tea houses, pride... doesn't bode well.

i made 200 chocolate chip cookies today at work. i had a small team of bakers helping me. they're for our annual baseball game with the mental health team on friday. i had to beg lisa to let me bake them. she wanted to buy. i just felt like some baking.

today i think i'm mostly recuperated from the bike trip. sunday i was so exhausted it was silly. my body kept trying to shut down. during sacrament meeting i had to blink constantly and squint so as not to fall asleep. i had an interview and although i was number three on the list, i didn't get in until relief society had started. i told elicia to just sing hymns until i got there. well that's what they did, and that was all they really needed. when i got back there was ten minutes left, but the spirit was really there, so i just bore my testimony about temples and a few other people said something and we ended. it's good that it turned out that way because i was not feeling very ready or capable.

when i got home, i ate the left overs that andrea and mom left (the tandoori chicken, pasta, and partially eaten pizza slice), fell into my bed. i tried to read, but it as too ridiculous. my eyes would roll back in my head in seconds and the book would drop. finally i decided to give up and go to bed no matter how early it was. it was when i was turning off the light and putting my jammies on that steve called. we had a good talk. it was a long talk. we talked about some books he bought and some music and his new classical dvd that he loves and lots of other things. then he finally tells me that he's dating someone. i knew it was coming, and i was just waiting. so we talked all about that. i'm happy for him and it helped me see some things. it was only weird for me if i thought about them in places where we were a lot or doing things that we liked to do. but i'm ok with the weirdness. i think weirdness here is natural, so i do what morrie suggests. i feel it and i leave it. we talked so long that our phones kept dying. we finally hung up and then karey got home. i was so glad she was home. i mean it was time for her to be home afterall. 10 days is long enough. so we talked for a while on my bed and then i lay down in my bed and closed my eyes and instantly fell into the deep darkness that was calling me.

yesterday heather gathered us together to all go out for a blizzard at DQ. i was napping and i didn't really feel like ice cream because i had some drumsticks at work that day, bjut she said she would pay. it turned out she paid for karey too, and then elicia payed for her because she owed her. we sat and talked at DQ for a long time. then we came back to the garlic shrouded house. the garlic shroud being a result of elicia's eggplant pizzas.

i'll give some tid bits of the sister's bike hike later.

Comments