hearts of peonies

the house is hot, my feet are burning and i'm done the good earth. poor wang. as i read i wished for him one child who would love the earth like him, and love him. and i mourned o-lan. she was my favourite.

today i made many a peanutbutter cookie. it was a rush job. i just got the last ones out of the oven, and on the cooling racks at five to four. the whole day was full of work like that. no rest for my weary bones. i was in the dish pit for lunch and i finished around one thirty, and then left for the grocery store to buy the stuff for cookies and for monday's lunch. as i was walking down an isle in save-on, i noticed with a start that i had tomato sauce (from washing the cannaloni pans) on my forearm by my elbow. i think i noticed it at the same time as a man passing me in the isle. similarily it wasnt' until i was driving home that i noticed my hands were smeared with the remnants of cookie dough. i finished and left so fast i forgot all about it.

i didn't get home from work last night until eleven thrirty. the baseball game was in overtime and we finally left at the end of the 11th inning. apparently our team won in the 13th. baseball was kind of fun though. i cheered and clapped and had a slushie lemonade. i sang along to livin' on a prayer, which cory tells everybody hoping that i'll be embarrassed. what's the point of being embarrassed about that? it's perfectly natural to sing along to livin' on a prayer when it is played and furthermore i was not alone in my homage to bon jovi.

i need to sleep because i have to leave early to make some sort of trade with dad for my purse. i leave the suitcase and later i come back for my purse, although there's no guarentee that he'll remember to leave the purse, and i don't know why he won't just come to my work when it's not very far from the place he leaves stuff anyways. well i do understand. he doesn't like making extra stops when he's in a hurry and he's always in a hurry, and sometimes i feel like that too, like totally unnecessary stops at rogers to say hi to brian. still. that means i have to go there twice. two times. more than once. repeatedly. but having all the lip glosses back will be nice, not to mention my house keys.

pete was here again today. he puts his stuff on the mantle now, instead of my bookcase. he's ready to make peace.

Comments