well yesterday my blog was malfunctioning and my post would not post, but all's well today because as you can see below, it was in fact preserved. yay.

last night i decided to make myself some tuna melts for supper. i was tempted to go buy something to eat, but then thought better of it. decided to actually make my own meal for once. so i got out all the stuff except the tuna because that is what i was out of. where has all my tuna gone, long time pa-ah-ssing, where has all my tuna go-oh-ne long time ago? it was a long time ago and it just goes to show how often i even open my cupboard here at home. i think i used the last of it for some potluck or other a long long time ago. so then i was like forget it, i'm going to wendy's. i kind of wanted subway but i didn't want to get out of the car and park and stuff so i picked wendy's. "i'm going to wendy's." i said as i walked through the living room towards my shoes and keys. "to Wendy's?!" said an excited heather, "can i come?" "sure." i monotoned. "can i come?" asked peter steed, but i knew he didn't really mean it. heather asked karey if she was going to come. "i can't. can't afford it. i'm going to make myself something." she said. that's what i should have been like, so it bugged me a little bit. but just a little bit. i was too full of other things to really care about anything else. karey's wisdom in the face of impulse fast food eating was enough to crush heather's excitement and put her on the right path again. she followed her example and stayed home. i left. i probably shouldn't have been driving because i was so full of thoughts and feelings and wasn't paying enough attention. after gettign my food at the drive through, i pulled up a little to let the car behind me pull up to the window while i fumbled more than neccessary to put my money away. then i pulled out again without even looking, barely missing this car that was passing through the non drive-thru part. then i didn't notice when i was turning left off of south west marine that the light had changed to yellow. and i didn't turn left until it was fully red. then i didn't notice at another intersection that the light had changed to green. hey that reminds me that i had this dream that i was with amay and she was driving my car and there was some road work and we had to drive up this ramp and then sharply to the left or we'd hit the wall, but amay didn't turn in time and we drove right off the edge and crashed. funny that i would have that dream right now when i'm driving myself off of other higher cliffs.

after i ate my spicy chicken burger with fries and small frosty, i went to karey's room to look for a book. the one i wanted wasn't there, so i took believing christ instead. i've always meant to read it, and now i'm aching for the good news of the gospel. so it's good timing. i read 13 pages and gave in to sleep. heather woke me up around 8 and around 8fifteen we walked to the chapel. we get to walk through a park to get to the chapel and it reminds me of the park by my old house. heather was worried about being hit in the head with a ball because there were some people on the baseball diamonds practicing their hits, but we didn't have to walk that close to them. so i made fun of her. "ya i think that 9 year old looks like a real slugger. he's going to hit it right out of the park. we better watch out." it was a nice walk in the dimming day. when we got to the chapel we met dillan the exec. secretary in question on the steps. i smiled at him and shook his hand but didn't really answer his "how are you?" heather was more responsive behind me but he said "are you guys really that nervous to meet the bishop?" "we're not nervous!" said heather. "i'm not nervous at all.", i lied. so heather and i ended up waiting quite a while for the bishop to get to us. we sat on the couch and talked and she said her eye was dry and itchy and i said you don't wear contacts do you and she looked at me and said yes i do and i wear glasses every time we go on a run. you do? i said incredulously. yes she said. then it came to me that although i don't remember seeing her in glasses i do remember her saying somethign about them when it was raining. then we lauged about it because i'm always pointing out things to her that are beautiful that she never notices because she's in her inward world, but then i didn't even see her. funny. when the bishop finally got to me he said "so you're moving into our ward..." as i sat down. what is going on, i thought. how come he's so sure? i told him i wasn't sure, and that i just turned 31. that turned out to be my phrase of the night. i'm sure i said it to dillan 2 or 3 times. i guess i really wanted to emphasize that, although i guess it doesn't matter. when you're 31, you're 31. i asked where the bishop got his list. he seemed startled that i would be questioning him and he said he thought he got it from the stake president. so i guess that's what happened. doug blather. gave a list of the over 31's to the branch president and he gave it to the stake pres, and he gave our names to the prosepective bishops in our areas. bishop ward told me that we weren't being forced into the ward, but that we were being invited. he said there were lots of places to serve. he wanted to know what i had done in church, although he didn't seem to want a full list, what i did for work, and that was about it, except he said if there was anything he could do to entice me to the right side, or the light side... then it was heather's turn and i had to sit and talk to dallin for a while. he's a nice guy. we talked about me in japan and then some psychology things and his daughter and aquiring language which has always been one of my favourite topics of linguistics and psychology. then heather and i walked home and walked two blocks past our street before we noticed it, and then saw elicia walking home from the bus and we all walked in together just in time for the last hour of rob and amber's wedding. i thought it was nice. then fatima phoned to tell me about her petticoat burn and i got to hear all about the ladie's party and other things. we talked until a little after one until it became imperitive for me to sleep. and then i prayed a pleading prayer and slept and that 's the story of my day.

Comments