an energetic day is over

and boy is it ever. all that's left is my tired wilted shell of a self. today at work the work never stopped. not once. after work i went to the mall to look for shoes at transit because i still haven't spent my christmas gift certificate from amay. i keep looking, but every time i do, i can't decide and i'm always alone and i need someone to bounce it off of, but is there ever anyone? no, no there isn't. and so i just look and avoid the sales staff. today i thought it would make me feel better to be able to make a purchase without spending any money, but i just couldn't do it. luckily for me i called karey on the way out on the off chance that she could meet me there and help me shoe shop. she couldn't but she told me that she was paying me back in full that very day. this made me happy because it meant that i would have some money, so since today was my very last day of my birthday discount at essence, which i had been avoiding out of the pure sorrow of not being able to shop there and get my once a year 25% off everything i buy deal, i went back in the mall and bought a few little things. it was a piddly purchase, but it was something. i saw the girl who works there who knows me because i'm a frequent flyer was there and told me about a wharehouse sale they'll be having soon. she promised to let me know by email. sounds exciting. makes the future worth living for... :)

i got home and since it was a beautiful day, i decided to mow the lawn front and back and thouroughly enjoyed myself. mom said it's good for the lawn to be mowed once a week, and our mower leaves the grass on the longish side so that it needs a cut after a week so it all works out in the end. it's so weird that i've been enjoying yard work lately, but i really have been. stranger still, i feel myself being drawn to gardening. yes. that's a direction i never anticipated. but it helps that whoever had our house before planted us a lovely garden and although i've never been into gardening, i've always been into gardens and it excites me and pleases me that we have things like blooming roses. after i cut the lawn i snipped some of our pink roses off and put them in the pink japan vase. and now they are perfuming my room. there's one full blown beauty in the middly and the others around her are in various stages of bloom. then i watered all the flowers, then i tackled this little plot that was all fenced in by wood barriers but full of long grass. i dug it all out, and it was a lot of work let me tell you buddy boy. in this way i met neighbours on both sides of us when they came out to their yards, and steve will be relieved to know that they said hi to me first. i'm going to plant some herbs in my plot and i'm excited about it. after all of that i did my laundry and speaking of the laundry, the time is at hand if you know what i mean.

sarita's quote of the day "i just don't trust them! i don't care what anyone says male gynocologists are creepy."

Comments