a better day

a first: this was the first time since i started this job, that on the one day a month that i start work late, that i actually had a productive day at work.

What I Did. (if my name was katie the title could be What Katie Did. remember that book Katie?):
1. slept in until 9
2. posted a blog entry
3. brewed a cup of lavender tea. it's pure lavender and i like it. i bought that tea months ago and today was the first time i used it. i brewed it in my new apple green teapot and i drank at least 4 glasses of it because that's how much i made.
4. made toast.
5. sang songs to myself (quite loudly) that comforted me. sang them over and over capitalizing on the balm they gave me.
6. did the dishes, washed the counters and table and stove and swept the floor.
7. did many loads of laundry and hung them out to dry.
8. listened to a cd of primary songs, and then to a hilary weeks tape.
9. put a blanket and a pillow out on the back lawn, brought a new notebook, my scriptures and believing in christ with me and lay down in the hot sunny sun. i'm starting a new journal for special purposes. it's such a relief to be able to be honest in it and work things out. journals are good for your mental health. two trouble makeer crows kept flying back and forth from our garage to the neighbour's roof to our roof and back again. i'll beth (i meant to put 'bet' but beth came out and now i can't delete it) they are the same ones that like to take the lid off of our garbage cans. i'll wager. it was a helpful exercise.
10. i wore my khaki faux mini cords that i haven't worn forever, and my brown blouse with the flowers and put my hair up in a cute way and did my make-up special. usually i fritter away my morning until it's ten minutes utnil i should be leavign and then i get ready. needless to say, it doesn't end up i nthe best of results.
11. oh! aaaaaaaaand i flossed! i don't want to say how long it's been since i flossed, but it was long.
12. acheived more peace than i have felt in a couple of days. feel really thankful for that.

work was good. fish and chips were good. the day was beautiful. there were fields of purple flowers amongst the long grasses at gary point and we were surrounded by ocean river, mountain and sky.

on the way home i phoned mia back because she had phoned me back and we finally got to talk. the last time i talked to her was last summer or fall i'm sure. so it was nice to connect again. it turns out that she's married! she got married in january in new york. whaaaaaaaaaaaat. so anyways we're going to meet for bubble tea next week. i think it will be good. and now i hear my bed calling me.

Comments