bobcat pretzel

what i must say: it's been a busy week. well exhausting anyway. i think what has made it exhausting, if you want to know and i know you do, is having to be at work at 6:30, two times and the other three days getting up at 6 to go on runs with heather and none of those days getting as much sleep as i should (which is not 9 hours but 8). everyone at work, it seems, has needed to work extra early hours to cover and train at new sites and stuff, so work has been hectic too. anyways the important thing is that i bought curtains. white sheer for underneath and heavy red for over top. so no more peeking tom from the houses across alley. now i just have to put them up. figure out a curtain rod situation that i can feel happy about. i'm not willing to do anything that i don't feel good about in my room. i'm giving myself the freedom to be particular. in the end i hope to have a space that makes me happy. the trouble with 'particularism', as i have dubbed it just now, is that it takes time and you have to be patient because you can't always find what you want right away, and sometimes if you don't find what you want you don't do anything. 'particularism' can lead to paralyzation and stagnation if one is not careful.

so yesterday i got off work at 2:30 because it was my early day. everything at work was not done, but i left anyways because sometimes you just have to leave things and not take all the responsibility on yourself, otherwise you may never never leave. (that was my philosphy yesterday) upon arriving home i had certain tasks to perform. i was supposed to pack an overnight bag,take my clothes off the line, fold my laundry and put it away, wash the brownie dishes and the pasta dishes of the night before and then drive to my friend fatima's house in surrey. but sometimes what you do do, is not what you're supposed to do. i saw the downstairs couch, my old chum, now a dejected outsider in the outer recesses of the home and without conscience choice i sank down and closed my weary eyes and rested my weary bones while dr. phil talked to a family about their issues and the target person blah blah blah. before i knew it, it was 4, the time i was supposed to leave. i groaned and creaked into upright position and wearily went about doing my duties.

this is part one.

Comments