Barb's Birthday


i have a friend named barb, and it was her birthday last thursday. barb makes st. patrick's day special. i wore as much green as i could to her party. i wore my green skunk shirt, green eighties bracelets, my socks with green flowers on them, and my green froggie slippers. i made karey put my green barette in her hair and wear my green leather arm band. barb's true to barb theme was mexican/italian/seafood, so we made seven layer dip with homemade guacamole in it. and brought lime flavoured tortillas made in the shape of spoons, (all the better for dipping with, my dear). it was a good combo and we started chowing down on it soon after we arrived, along with chandra and randy. i tied a pink bow in barb's hair for her. gab gave her this movie dvd game where you shout out the answers and me and nikki played against karey and kyla. interest from the surrounding crowd soon grew and we kept adding people to our teams, especially if they guessed a right answer. "oh! so and so's on our team!" we would call out, collecting points with team members. wyatt was an early and especially helful addition to our team, and a big contributor to our ultimate win. i was not. i only did a little bit well in one category, and spent the rest of the time participating in a more passive capacity. it was fun though. after that randy asked me to take his hand for him in rook. he was playing with sean and dave sugden and babs the birthday girl herself. i don't get the best vibes from sean especially, so i was a little reluctant, but i knew randy had to go get the birthday cake ready, so i concented for the good of the collective. and it was a little chilly and uncomfy, but soon the cake came and the game was largely forgotten, but not verbally dismissed, and that was ok with me. randy came back and sat by me and soon karey was being miss antsy pantsie about going, so we said our goodbyes and walked half a block down to where i parked. it's been a while since i drove to barb's frankly i parked way too soon. i had to take off the frogs and the green flowered socks and walk in my bare feet because it was raining by then. anyways the point is, we had a pretty good time. it felt kind of weird to be at a social function again and i realized it had been a long long time for me. i've been out of the loop, and all these newbies are in the loop. that's odd too. loopdiloo. i feel ok about that though, because i've been doing what felt right for me. needed some time to lick my wounds.

Comments