Friday

friday i slept in because i could. the night before i talked to fatima late and fell asleep on the couch, waking up at times in the oddest positions and with one whole side of my upper torso and appendeges asleep. at seven i got up and went to my own bed and it felt lovely to slip into my bed and feel comfort at once, under the fluffy puffiness, and reach for the old bear...

friday i wrote in my journal, stayed in my jammies and ate my left over macaroni and cheese and french fries on the side.

friday i started reading I Know this Much is True again. i still can't decide if i want to keep reading it or not. the story can be quite compelling but the details are sometimes crude. i want to know what happens to thomas.

friday i started work by going straight to save on foods and shopping for that night's dinner plus the weekender's food. i was nervous because i had to pay myself (and then get reimbersed) and i knew i didn't have that much in the bank, plus it was driving me crazy that i just couldn't find the stupid hollendaise sauce for the weekender's and finally i decided to forget it and let them deal with it. when i told mark he said "i didn't use it! i didn't use anything!" it took me a while to get him to understand that i wasn't acusing him of using something, but telling him i couldn't get him something. his manner altered considerably and he told me it would be ok, he could make some himself.

it was on friday when i was going through the check out that lisa phoned me to tell me she had some news. i could tell it wasn't good and it had to do with me. i phoned her back as soon as i got outside and as i put the bags in the trunk she told me. *edit edit edit* i dread the showdown, because i do care about him, he's good and sweet and i don't want to have to be hurtful to be honest. and now things will be different. less sunshine. awkwardness in place of unconscious 'naturalness'.

friday night we had our valentine's dance. it's so cute to see the members dancing. i was making them laugh during one slow song, pretending to dance by myself, when this guy evan came up and started dancing with me. i adjusted and it was in mid twirl when he decided that was enough and left me mid dance. you have to go with the flow.

friday after work i was hungering for some movies so steve and i eventually watched the princess and the warrior, which was a very interesting film. i found myself thinking about it yesterday. different parts would creep into my consciouness. we also picked out see alone movies, so i have a stack here i can use to quench my thirst at any time. pretty soon i will have bled him dry. steve seemed wistful after the movie and i didn't realize until the next day that i didn't remember to ask about his tooth.

need for sleep is taking over need for life-documentation

Comments