a drought of the mouth

so today was the big deal day. the day we looked at the house. the house i placed my orchid dreams on. we were really excited about it. and... it was ok. it had it's pros and it had some definite cons, like a room with no closet (what girl wants that?) a smoke reeking basement, old appliances and rickety stairs that you have to duck way down low to get down. we came home on a downer. we kept discussing the pros and cons and our options (like don't take the basement and someone shares a room, but then we only have on bathroom, and that doesn't solve the no closet problem). we tried two more possibilities on our list and both were already rented. nothing else on our list was appropriate. we looked on the computer, phoned some places--taken. we began to feel a little anxious. finally i started looking at 3 bedroom places and came across a 3 bedroom up and 2 bedroom down place and phoned gladys. gladys says we can come and look at it tomorrow. i hope gladys' place is nice. i hope it's what we're looking for. please, please, please. karey has already practically packed up her craft corner. she's like that. i'm not. i have the vague ambition of getting some boxes sometime.

something horrible on the news: somone's murdering bald eagles and cutting off their talons and dumping them in the forrest. horrible.

today i drove downtown straight from work and bought a cd or two at virgin records and then walked down to amy and bethany sound and bought treasures of all treasures, a new special edition of chariots of fire. yes that's right. my true love eric liddell has finally come home to me. i was enjoying walking in the cool breeze downtown. i was enjoying walking the streets without a care in the world. i was enjoying the thought of purchases sitting securely in my purse. i was walking up seymore to my car when a young punk kid passed me and as he did he reached out and touched my stomach. it was so bold and i wasn't exactly expecting a violation of my person, lost as i was in my aforementioned enjoyments, but i managed to raise my arms to try and block him but it wasn't really effective if you know what i mean. he kept on walking and i turned and saw him turning to his friend to laugh. it was strange to me that it seemed so normal and he didn't even seem worried of my reaction or what i would do. i was off his mind except for the feel he copped. i kept going. didn't know what else to do, although now i wish i broke his arm, but then it hadn't really sunk in. i could still feel his touch for a long time after and it angered me. i wonder what about me was enabling in this situation. maybe because i wasn't present. i was lost in my thought and not looking people in the face or being that aware of my surroundings. maybe no reason.

and so it's been an interesting day. less rut work accomplished. in fact, i ordered pizza. on the subject of pizza, i became i lover of the cheese pizza while i was away. it's good. i always dismissed it before, but i find i was a litle premature. try it. you might like it.

today johnny told me i sure had a full head of hair, and did i comb it in the morning? ha ha no way johnny. later he taught me how to say good day how are you in czeck. forget most of it now. mind like a seive at times.

Comments