and every breath we drew was allelujah..

i was proud of myself today. i went to bed early. i brainstormed about my talk. i fell asleep deep in the embrace of my bear... only to wake up to the horrendous noise i was making coughing and gasping for air. and now i'm awake and i don't feel well. i feel tired. i couldn't stop coughing in bed so i got up to give karey some respite. (steve says i probably save up 'respite' to use in conversations, but it's not that self-concious. i use it when it comes to me.) in a couple of days i'll be all alone in my new room with no need to worry about waking someone and no one to tell me to roll over in the mornings when i'm snoring. karey said this moring when she told me to roll over i said a very determined and steely toned "NO." she said she was very annoyed but then thought it was kind of funny. i just have blury recollections of her early morning demands, and none of my rebeliousness. (pretty darn proud of that.) but then i'll have no one to talk to at night, just before falling into teddy's arms. it'll be a little lonely at first. lonely but lovely.

karey and heather discovered that the carpet in the living room and in the two bedrooms is not fastened to the floor in any way. just laid over top of some beautiful hard wood floors, so they are going to ask gladys if we can take it off. i wonder why they would cover it up. maybe there's a big flaw right in the middle of the floor that we haven't seen. maybe it's just to hide the cords.

karey left her plate with some residue of ranch dressing on my pile of books and papers at this desk. this offends me. only i am allowed to be messy here. only my mess allowed.

there's been some sort of change in the water system here. i noticed it when i came back from utah. every night it seems as though the walls and ceiling are continually gurgling and bubbling, like mrs mattu was having an all nighter bath. it's very odd.

saw terry today when i was taking some boxes to my car and gave him the cold shoulder. i'm still annoyed at him for being such an oaf and bursting in here on monday night when i was getting ready to go to the symphony, and for talking in such a loud oafish voice and aggrivating me by saying that he phoned just before he banged on the door and let himself in to show the apartment. and interupting me again with his bellows from the kitchen to see the room. i told him to wait. i wanted to jump down his throat about more notice, but i didn't have time. i should take a chill pill about it, but for some reason it really got under my skin.

i'm going to try to sleep on the ol' couch. got my amay blanket to keep me company.

Comments