balmy to my soul

yes that's right. i said balmy. my soul's receiving a balmy breeze. it feels like i've been away for so long, but frankly, it's only been a week. one week pure and simple. the thing is, and by saying 'the thing is', i'm really only reiterating a barbism. and by saying 'barbism', i mean a saying of barb, or as some like to say, 'verb', and not any pointed verbalism. but then again, if verb is a way of saying barb then it would be a verbalism wouldn't it? this stops here. 'brick wall' as leif used to say when quoting a girl he once knew. so let's bring it back to me. "don't stop, never give up, la la la reach the top, let them see what you have got, bring it all back to you..." the point is, i'm in moab. yes i am. one of my training colleagues is from moab and she was coming home for the weekend and invited me and lin to come with her and see the famous tourist town of moab, and go the 'the arches', a park of red rock formations, including the famous delicate arch. the delicate arch is on the utah licenses. no not the ski utah ones, the other ones! doy doy doy bitu. so lin and i stayed in this quaint rustic looking little motel last night and today we are ready to see the sights. it's such a relief to have internet access! at alliance house their internet is down due to construction issues, so it's left me unconnected. right now i'm at this little bakery where i indulged in a parmasean bagel with hummus and raspberry peach sconel. they have an internet cafe. and it's expensive. fifty cents a minute. but when it's worth it, it's worth it and i'm saying it's worth it.

my news: well there's really too much to tell, but i will tell you that i was dreading coming down here, wanting the good experience, but dreading it too. now that i've been here a week, i must say that it's definitely been worth it. i'm learning so much. we have articles to read every night and every afternoon we have a discussion group. i'm eating that stuff up. i love discussion groups. ha ha. i really do though, as dorky as that sounds. and i'm getting lots of good ideas from the articles, and the clubhouse model is becoming so clear to me, and the clearer it is the more i like it. so the expansion of my mind and the birth of new ideas is enjoyable to me. it's more than enjoyable, it's worthwhile and i feel like it's a blessing. i'm also getting a lot of private time, to write in my journal and reflect and read my scriptures and think about my issues. issues galore is what i have, but i guess everybody does. don't they? give me an issueless person. the ladies in my group are all great, and it's been fun getting to know them and hanging out with them. it's also been good getting to know new members at alliance house. i always love that part.

i've been wearing my little pieces of veggie love, some silky frog slippers to discussion or a pure lovin blanket wrapped around me as i study, a knitted sock slipper here, a knitted sock slipper there. people always comment and i say "my little sister gave me that for christmas." i wore my andrea hat the other day and eveyone loved it and then i got to say "my older sister made it for me." and today i'm wearing the amay hat and amay mitts. i'm saving the frog set for my trip to lava hotsprings. so in that way i remind myself all the time of my loves, and my being loved. it was nice to read up and feel connected again. i've got to go go go though. reason #1: i'm spending an arm and a leg by this time. #2: lin's asleep on a couch waiting for me, although i don't feel that bad about it since she didn't sleep at all last night. too excited. #3: time to start today's adventures.

Comments