in a way

er is such a harsh show, but i can't stop watching it. i'm drawn to it's drama. today chan helped her father die. she was weak and exhausted. burnt out and grieving. i recognize it. i feel like i might have experienced a little taste of those kinds of feelings. anyways i saw myself, in a way in her.

i had to tell this guy at work that i couldn't spend new year's eve with him. he was going to take me out for chinese. a couple of weeks earlier he asked me if anyone had asked me out for the 31st. not knowing what he was getting at (he's a senior citizen) i said no. then he started talking about extra money on his disability cheque and chinese. i was like what have i gotten myself into. i told lisa and she laughed and said he'd probably forget because he's often on the bottle. but no. today he wanted a little planning meeting, so i had to tell him i couldn't go. he took it well. he was wearing a santa's hat over his toque the whole time. i tried not to be distracted and anchored my upward drifting eyes to his face.

after work i visited my friendly but expensive richmond neighbourhood knitting store. i'm starting a new project, and i think this is one i can do. i've been unraveling the yarn all night and rolling it into balls. this sounds like a simple project. but don't kid yourself palie. i've been fighting knots all night and i'm not too proud to admit that the knots have had the upper hand most of the time. it's an exercise in patience and i'm getting pretty fit, if i do say so myself.

Comments