hooray for sewage day!

brrrrrrr. ch-ch-chilly. boy what a day. this morning on my way to work i blasted the tunes and sang along. i was a cheery girl. i was still singing "everbody needs a bosom for a pillow, everybody needs a bosom.." when i stepped out of the car and noticed that it was snowing. just small wet flakes but flakes non the less. "it's snowing" became my morning greeting to everyone. i sent the non-believers out back to check for themselves. meanwhile, i happily ate my blueberry lemon scone which i bought at chevron your town pump where i filled up my pretty little car on the way to work, and made the week's grocery list. monday's grocery day. brucie came with me, not because shopping is fun, but because he's kind to me, and i needed someone to come with me. we made good time at the stoopid store and i had just finished bagging the two cart loads of goods when i looked at my phone to see what time it was. i had missed two calls. both from work. so i phoned lisa's cell. no answer. i phoned work. dave the boss answered. he said that they had closed down the clubhouse because of a plumbing problem. so i came straight back, missing out on an opportunity to go shopping at save-on, and to ask the deli people to give me 80 slices of roast beef. i love giving those orders. anyways the clubhouse had a major sewage back up and it stunk and it stunk bad. so after unloading the groceries and putting them all away, i went home, because that's where everyone else was. so instead of a snow day we had a sewage day.
so my sewage day was spent with my pal of all pals fatima the yoga brained girl. i once knew a guy who called her futima, but i digress. anywas fats and i met at metrotown, reaching our choicest of the choice parking lot within seconds of each other. then we shopped and shopped and shopped. we got fleece 'sleeping pants' at old navy. mine are like a candy cane and i enjoy them. my legs are enjoying their roasty toastiness this very second, actually. they have a red ribbon draw string at the side and this was one of the selling features to me. i was also looking for a little somthing different to wear to the opera tomorrow, but since the opera is tomorrow i had no chance of finding something today. that's the way shopping works. you only find the thing when you aren't looking for it. at reitman's i had the misfortune of trying four very unflattering tops on. fatima and i ate at the new food court, not food fair, food court. we ate at opa! where one girl explained to me that gyro was beef and lamb in one, and another girl yelled "tzitiki?!" at me. no need to yell greek girl. we spent a lot of time in chapter's. i lost fatima in the knitting/crochet section. i wanted to look up the knitting book i wanted so i can put it on my list, and then i couldn't get her out of the section! i'd leave, go look at a photo essay book on sisters, all the way through, come back, see her curled up on the floor (TABOO) with a crochet book looking at afghans... the next time i came back it was hollywood knits. and she said i have a problem with that section. she's a pot and she's calling the kettle black. now that i'm home and i'm in my new sleeping pants with amy-hug-blanket wrapped around my shoulders, i'm very very tired and my feet hurt and i really wanted to go to the christmas jam, but i just don't think i will.

yesterday after the devotional stephen came over and we played two games of trivial pursuit while we waited for karey and elicia to be done watching miracle on 34th street. it was two games because he won the first game so quickly. we weren't quite finished the second game when we quit to watch the movie about jane goodall's chimpanzees, but i was just about to make a come back and win hands down. yep, just about to. another opportunity to show my genius lost. i liked the movie. it was sweet and funny and sad. norman bethune narrated.

i'd just like to say that taking pictures for rhea and paul's reception/ring ceremony wasn't bad at all, and i was being a big baby about it.

and now i'm going to get cozy. cozy up. cozify me. sewage day is over.

Comments