his name is sorrow, but when you come back i'll name him joy

today is up there on the top ten of exhausted days at work. bone tired. for the last two hours i got to sit at reception and do the phones. it was fun. i liked doing the paging, and i got to put on my receptionist proffessional act. plus i got to sit in the front where you can see what the weather's like, greet people, and read the articles in my pre-training package. and sitting basically agreed with me and my no sleep experience of the last couple of days. plus i think i pulled a muscle in my left arch yesterday. i was getting pains in it all day. that's what happens when your feet are natural high heels in a pair of high heel boots and you're trying to walk fast because it's raining and some guy you're with is barreling ahead of you... :)

last night was my debut at the opera. madama butterfly. i was the girl in the audience over on the right in row 22. i don't even know what to say about my opera experience. it was amazing. it totally exceeded my expectations. it was beautiful and moving and powerful. i cried. steve cried during our standing ovation for liping zhang. she was butterfly, and wow. he said that's when you have a connection. that's when you send out the love. if all operas are as good as this, then i'm an opera convert. there were so many moments i wish i could freeze and take out and experience again. to revel in. i want to steep myself in the beautiful moments of madama butterfly like a rich and savoured tea (such as bengal spice, my fave). sigh.

i had something else to write about but my ectasy over butterfly drove it out. oh well.

Comments