Christmas Greetings -- Battu to you!

Crockie here. Whew! It's been a while since I've posted here. So long that I forgot Crackie's username to log in. I tried a couple combos but realized I didn't know it. So I quickly thought of a plan to email Laura my blog and ask her to post it. Yeah, yeah, that's what I'll do, I thought. Then as I sat here, my mind wandering into spacezone, it came to me lovingly and easily. Sometimes you just need a ji. Crackie knows what I mean by that.

So, I had such a loooong and exhausting day today. All filled with Christmas things that had to be done out of the house. I was stressed about this because I knew that I would be strapped for time and what if I didn't find good things for presents that I was looking for??? Then what would happen?! What put the icing on the cake was good ol' flo who was giving me some shots to the abdominals and lower back in a constant dull way. I drank some perfectly tempered chai and took a few minutes and enjoyed it before I left in the morning to start my day. The tea helped warm my tummy, took away the dull aching and lifted my spirits. I made sure I took my lavender and peppermint with me because good golly I had a feeling I may need to call on them. They don't call them essential oils for nothin.

So before my shopping actually began I went to David's office to pick up the modem for his computer that I am fixing. I knew he would not let me go so easily. I was waiting for him in his office and he says, 'ok, let's go to my car and I'll give it to you.' I said, 'We have to go to your car?! You were supposed to have it ready to give me when I came in! I have to do Christmas shopping today and I'm already stressed!' Then I proceeded to hit myself continually in the head with the magazine that I had been reading before David revealed this unsatisfying news to me.

We got the modem and then David said let's go shopping. I said NO I have to go do my own. The short of it is, we ended up going to 3 stores. David bought a plant and some mall GCs. Then I left.

I got to my shopping destination and performed well I think. I hope what I found will be pleasing to those to receive the finds. I even picked up a gift that David wanted me to pick up for a friend of his while I was at my destination. I did that and even went back to the mall to drop it off for him b/c I was going to pass by there on my way home and I was doing pretty good for time. I figured hey it's Christmas so why not. I was worried about the rush hour drive home but it was not too bad. It could have been quicker though if it weren't for all those darn cars trying to get to their destinations. Jeez. So into my home city where I had to stop off at Safeway to get the ingredients for two salads that I was going to make for Mo's Christmas party. The cashier didn't even ask me if I had a Safeway points card. That's never happened to me at Safeway before. She had an aire of non-interest in the tasks of her job. After she rung up my total bill I piped up and said, 'I will give you my phone number.' Not as an offer for personal use, but rather for the possible discounts on my goods if you know what I mean. She was non-chalant about the whole thing. Oh well.

Today I spent a total of a little less than 2 hours at home, and that was just to shower, wash hair, get dressed, and do a quickie wrap job on two presents. Then I had to boot it to Mo's Christmas party where I arrived a little past 7pm. As soon as I walked in I had to prepare the salads. I made a Caesar, specially for Nina, and a Spring Mix Blackberry and Mandarin. I enjoy making good creative salads. They are refreshing. As per usual, there was tons of food. I was pleased about this considering *gulp* I had gone the whole day without eating. My flo aches had subsided by this time so that was a good thing-- only took about 10 hours to do so.

People were facinated by my top and I felt the need to keep having to say that I've had it for a few years and it was not new. Even my mom called me into the living room where she and appa were watching the tube so I could show my top. I told my mom that I've had this top for like 3 or 4 years now. I know Crackie would say, well how are we supposed to keep track of ALL your clothes, you don't even know all the clothes you have.' I DO know them. Sometimes, I just can't FIND them.

So we ate till we felt good about it and then we did the usual Christmas tradition picture shots. We do this one shot of all the girls lying on the floor on their backs or sides, cozied up to each other. The pick is taken one floor above us so we are all looking up at the camera. I really like that tradition. We did some good picture taking then Mo announced how sickeningly photogenic I am. I thought to myself it must be because I have quite a bit of practice at being photographed by Crackie. I really did think this when Mo made that comment. Mo's brother pulled into the driveway and we decided that when he would open the door we could all cat call and whistle at him. So we did and I did an 'Owwwww!' He looked surprised and confused at the same time. I think he didn't realized that we were doing that for him. What a modest mouse.

After the party, Mo, Dee and I visited and talked and it was nice because we hadn't done that in a long time just the three of us. Mo got 3 books of inspirational quotes and she gave Dee and I one and kept one for herself. They were different themes so we all got one that we agreed was the best representation for us. I got Tranquility, Mo got Comfort and Dee got Love. So what we are going to do is read a few affirmations from our books each day. I'm going to do mine before going to bed. Then after a few months we are going to swap books and do it all over again. I also got some very cool winter accessories from Mo. I told her no one has ever given me gloves before. She said that that made her want to cry. Well, I was just telling the truth.

Then I came home and then thought I should write because well, it's Christmas and it's what I should do. I've been thinking a lot about the people I love. And that makes ME want to cry. I am full in the friends department and everyone should feel like that-- safe, supported and protected. Getting a lump in my throat now. A virtual hug to everyone who reads this.

It's Christmas Eve.

Crockie, owwwt (with a jingle)

Comments