sunday:
i woke up on sunday with the wrong feeling accompanied by his buddy the grey feeling. i got up and prayed about it. it was the kind of day that i felt tired and weak and emotional. in my prayer i asked to hear the message i needed to at conference. so i got ready and went to conference, picking steve up on the way. incidentially he was one of those people who show up for regular church, not knowing that it was stake conference sunday and unfortunately his chapel is not the stake centre, so by the time i heard from him he had gone to church and back on the bus. apparently in his ward they don't announce things. so anyways conference was good. i heard the things i needed to. i cried a lot. it was the kind of cry that makes your chin quiver and you have to struggle to keep a regular face. it was a relief to hear and a comfort too, but i still felt weak and emotional afterwards, so i wanted to leave right away, so we did. since steve had some food, i agreed to come in. he said he didn't realize that all he had to do was dangle food in front of my face. :) it is a plus. i mean a girl has to eat. so we had a good talk. steve can be really kind at times. it was nice just to tell someone else my burdens. just being heard was goodness to me.

later, i finally saw sarah and aiya from my perch atop the yellow concrete barrier, holding on to a sign for balance and waved them over. i had been there for a good while with the wind gusting my hair about, and whipping my skirt into ripples, with stray drops spattering my face. it felt very dramatic. so now they're here for the week and we went shopping today for our week of food. now they're going to sleep though so i need to get out of here and get my own beauty sleep. bye.

Comments