home alone

when i first get home, i always check the blogs. first amay's (just because she's first on the fave. list bethany. don't get your nose out of joint. and sarah--don't start.), then bethany's then sarah's and then i check my own because maybe fatima wrote in it, or maybe someone put something new on the tag board or something. but usually i'm disappointed because the only thing to greet me is my last entry and i already know that one. sometimes i just want something more. like i wish i could read something good about myself. something exciting and amazing that would make me happy to be me. sigh.

today i had a frustrating wendy's experience. i went there with just enough time to go through the drive-thru before continuing on to work. well my nuggets were a five minute wait. the girl said this after i had already paid, so although i thought of changing my order to something i could get right away, i didn't. i thought "oh it will just make things a little tight, that's all." well it was more like fifteen minutes before i got my stupid nuggets. why did i chose nuggets anyways? i never get nuggets! so i was 12 minutes late for work. grrrrrrr. my feelings for that particular wendy's are altogether stronger than they should be. just thinking about it makes my insides start to gurgle and bubble with rage. sarah knows the feeling.

made banana bread at work today. didn't have the moist top. random-semi-disturbing incident at work: i was sitting and chatting with some of the members and all of a sudden one of the guys, an older man in maybe his fifties?, got up came over to me and started going through my hair on the top of my head, apparently looking for any kind of critter. he said i had a clean scalp. phew. a little while later he brought up the topic of my hair colour and kept reaching over and touching it during our conversation, until one of the other members slapped his hand away saying "don't touch" which annoyed him but put an end to the behavior.

Comments