yesterday as i was finishing off a busy hectic last day of a busy hectic week at work, i knew i couldn't deny it any longer. i was on the brink of a cold. i completed all my duties and went home. (well i went to sultan cuts and got threaded and then went home.) i wasn't home long when it hit me full fledged. you know how hurricanes are named? i think colds should be named. i was hit with cold-jean. no fatalities, but much damage. sumpin like that. pungkin. i just wanted to say that. pungkin. let's go to the pungkin patch and pick a pungkin. so barb was going to aaron's basketball game, but i wasn't up for that, and karey was going out to rib-rageous-ribs with pete and randy and scott, but i wasn't up for that, and steve, well steve wasn't exactly banging down my door to see me, so i didn't need to be up for that, and elicia was out at two back to back relief society meetings. i know. on friday night. what's up with that? so there i was alone, voilently sneezing and sniffling, weak and shaky. i made the obvious choice. i snuggled down into the couch (which has a new home now, right in front of the tv, by the way.) with karey's box of handy kleenex and put in karey's movie thirteen going on thirty. was better than i thought. it was almost over when they all got back so they watched the ending with me. karey and randy had already seen it. randy likes chick flicks. when you state this fact he defensively quips "i never said i didn't like chick flicks!" anyways, then they started playing a game of scattegories. i didn't indulge. that's how sick i was feeling. but i lay on the couch with my eyes closed and contributed to the arguments about whether this or that word should be allowed. i gave myself that one pleasure. after a while even this lost it's flavour for me, so i got up and went to bed cradling karey's bedroom kleenex box where my bear should be and clutching one kleenex in my hand. woke up before i had to. for one, my snot was curdling and gurgling with each breath and for another karey kept telling me to roll over and for one more, it was when i usually wake up. i've got more to say but we're going to watch annie for old time's sake. "oh my goodness, oh my goodness!"

Comments