Teacher, teacher can you teach me?

Crockie here, blog number... uh, don't remember the number. So bassically what happens to me after a night class is that I doNOT want to go to sleep. Indeed, I want to do homework. I don't know, it's just the way I am. Most people would come home after getting out of class at 10pm and want to do anything BUT study. Not me though. Nonononono. School is doing things to me. Good things. It hit me today in class that here I am taking Accounting. I would never have predicted that one. And I like it. I've always loathed anything to do with numbers. Flashback to grade 3 when my brother would try and explain math to me and I couldn't get it so I'd cry. Sometimes it takes a while to fully appreciate the things that you fear in life. Sounds like an odd thing to say, yes, however, it's true for me, even if it's something that's as seemingly insignificant as math. Life continues to teach me that when I tackle the things I fear, a tremendous amount of learning comes from that, making me a smarter, stronger and better person. I would even say more loving as well. And I did. If I were to put that though into an accounting analogy it would be this: say for instance if you consider fear to be a liability, it would decrease your cash and in turn your assets as a whole. However, if you invest into Fear Inc., you increase your cash and capital (owner's equity), achieving a balanced accounting equation! If I can learn this in one day after years of fear, YOU can learn anything. EEE, I sound like an infomercial. But all I'm trying to do is sell life as we know it. It's marketing. That's another class I'm taking. Uh, I'm going to go now because I've just realized I'm being very nerdy.


Oh, I like my Accounting teacher, her name is Nadine and she is funny sort of Ellen type humor. She seems like the kind who would be good at theatre sports. That's what popped into my head when I was observing her tonight. She talks about Dr. Phil and Op. We talked about ethics tonight and one of the guys asked her to give an example of an ethical dilemma and she said, 'Well, what if you knew your best friend was cheating on his girlfriend, would you tell her?' Then there was a whisper of yes and no through the class. So Nadine was like, 'Yeah, the guys wouldn't tell on their friend, but the girls would because that's what women do. They would tell the girl he has been cheating on you! And then they would take him on Dr. Phil and tell on him in front of everybody. Then Dr. Phil would take him up and down and all around....' and then her voice just kind of faded out. Enjoyable.

Funnily enough, my Marketing teacher Mike also quotes Dr. Phil. He was talking about the human genome research project that was done several years ago that concluded that we indeed belong to one race, the Human race. He made tongue in cheek comments how this study was so 'eye opening' and how we'd never have known that we are more alike than different if it weren't for this research. He said, 'that means weeeeez r reeelated,' as he crouched down and pointed to us and then to himself. Then he bellows, 'Get real! Like Dr. Phil says! Of course we belong to the human race!' Man, how did I end up with these teachers? Luck, pure luck.

Crockie owwwwt.

Comments